Maybe, you'll find some fresh ideas about implementing and improving of PDM/PLM for your customers (if you're System Integrator) either within your Enterprise (while you're System Administrator). So let's start right now!
AVDYK0001: "You could develope and store enterprise instructions for your stuff in special Vault folder".
Here's example algorythm to do this thing:
- Create library folder that could be called like "PDM instructions".
- Publish your enterprise standards into folder in common format: Word, Excel, Visio, PDF etc.
- Create Category definition "Instruction".
- Assign Revision scheme to this Category.
- Assign Lifecycle to category.
- Mark all instructions with "Instructions" Category.
- Assign revision "A" to all instructions files.
- Manage security for files or whole folder to protect them from uncoordinated editing.
- If it's needed, you could create new revisions of standards and/or develope them jointly.
- The instructions could be accessed both from Vault Explorer and from web browser.